The second update to SharePoint Online (SPO) since the launch of Office 365 (O365) is beginning to roll out worldwide. I want to share information about the new features that will be available as part of this service update:
- Enterprise Readiness
- SharePoint Online was initially scoped to scale to customers with fewer than 20,000 Active Directory entries (specifically user objects). This service update allows customers with up to 500,000 user objects to provision SharePoint Online. As a result, customers of any size can easily start using SharePoint Online. And in the future, you can expect even larger scale limits.
- Recycle Bin Enhancements
- Business is full of"oops" moments, and sometimes these moments can really slow down productivity. SharePoint Online now offers numerous levels of recovery no matter what gets deleted. Specifically, enterprise customers can now restore full site collections, in addition to sites, documents, lists, and list items.
- External Sharing Gets a Broader Reach
- The days when external invitees had to use a specific domain-based email address are gone. Instead, external users can now use their business email address to authenticate when invited into an Office 365 customer's site collection.
- PDFs Handling Improvements
- Office 365 users wanted a better, more connected and governed experience when it came to working with PDF files within SharePoint Online document libraries. Thanks to your direct comments and active voices in the Community forums, PDF files will now open directly into Adobe Reader without requiring that it be downloaded first. Read more on our blog.”